As Queensland’s premier ice sculpting company with over 15 years’ experience and 5,000 completed ice projects, Ice Art is proud to hold a reputation as experts in the industry. With this in mind, we are passionate about keeping people informed and helping you understand how we work.
Ice Art has compiled answers to some of the most common questions we get asked:
- How long will the sculpture last?
- Will the ice sculpture make a mess?
- Can I have any design for my sculpture?
- How is the ice made?
- How does the ice get to the venue without breaking or melting?
- What areas do you service?
- What is the difference between customised and mold-made ice sculptures?
- Do you have experience working with well-known brands?
- 1. How long will the sculpture last?
All Ice Art sculptures are designed to last a minimum of five hours for your event. The five hours is timed to begin from when your guests arrive.
- 2. Will the ice sculpture make a mess?
Our ice sculptures will not make a mess. We conveniently supply a drip tray with every sculpture, which catches the water as the ice melts. We also supply a cloth cover that can be used to discreetly cover the drip tray during your event, so that it does not draw attention away from the ice spectacle.
- 3. Can I have any design for my sculpture?
As long as we can feasibly deliver your ice sculpture to your event, you can have any design you want. Offering customised pieces, the design possibilities truly are endless – if you send us a picture or sketch, we would be happy to use this as a design starting point for your customised ice creation.
- 4. How is the ice made?
Blocks of ice used are crystal clear as they are made from scratch using pure water. They take five days to produce and blocks can be joined together for larger sculptures. The dimensions of each block are 1m x 50cm x 25cm. A single block weighs 130kg and can be easily transported.
- 5. How does the ice get to the venue without breaking or melting?
Your ice sculpture will be safely and securely transported by our team of professionals. Our storage facilities help to keep the ice cold during transit.
- 6. What areas do you service?
We primarily service Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast. However, we are capable of delivering your ice sculpture anywhere in Queensland.
- 7. What is the difference between customised and mold-made ice sculptures?
Using a mold to create your ice sculpture simply limits your ability to have whatever design you want. It means you can only choose from the molds available. Ice Art does not use molds and takes pride in the ability to custom-sculpt any design of your choosing, giving you greater creative freedom.
- 8. Do you have experience working with well-known brands?
Ice Art has been honoured to service a wide variety of renowned venues, restaurants, bars, theme parks, cafes, not-for-profit organisations, corporate businesses and more over the last 15 years.